jakedog.org
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
62325 Posts in 5025 Topics by 30 Members
Latest Member: Laephis
* Home Help Login Register
+  jakedog.org
|-+  Newbie Board
| |-+  Intros
| | |-+  Well, hi, I guess...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well, hi, I guess...  (Read 16526 times)
Echnin
Retired

« on: January 30, 2006, 09:52:05 PM »

Hello,

Some of you ought to remember me. I'm the Norwegian kid who ended up saying a lot of stupid things and making a fool out of myself on the old boards (on both this and SunSword's) two-three years ago. I like to think that I've grown up a bit since then.

As you may recall, I was going to go to Japan as an exchange student. That actually did work out, and I left March 2004 and came back February the next year, almost a year ago now. It was a tremendous experience; I really learned a lot about interacting with other people, and particularly those of different cultures. I'm currently working as a volunteer for the exchange organization I travelled with (AFS), and at the same time finishing my last year of high school.

I stumbled upon a folder with some emoticons and screenshots from the time I was a part of the community which included several of the group of people gathered on this board, and decided to look for this place. It's nice to see (in no particular order, of course) Big Ed, Janey, Bloom, Mego, Wolf, Charles and Ole Bald Angus' names again. Of course there are also several names that I miss; in particular I wonder where Antimony has gone off to.

In conclusion, I would like to congratulate Janey with the wedding. I hope married life is treating you well. Smiley
Mego
Head Asshole
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:01:25 PM »

Howdy Echnin!

I read a rumor on Slashdot a while ago about Microsoft buying Opera and I wondered where you were.

Glad you enjoyed Japan.

When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.
Say something once, why say it again?
Echnin
Retired

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 10:16:32 PM »

Well, right at that moment, I was probably reading that article. Turned out not to happen, of course. I'm still using Opera, as you might guess. What's new is that I'm using a Mac too. This machine is a Windows machine, though. And my server (for my web site: www.exposedworld.net) is running Debian.

I hope to come around once in a while and comment when I see something interesting. Right now, though, I need to sleep.
Wolf
Retired

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 11:05:11 PM »

Holy blast from the past.  It's that kid from Norway.   Grin

Hey Echnin, good to see you again.  Welcome and join in the fun.

Rob
Big Ed
Retired

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 09:00:06 AM »

Hey Ech, good to see you again.  Glad to hear you enjoyed Japan, it is a very cool place.

Nice web site BTW, did you take those pictures?

Big Ed

"Stupid should hurt" - Woody Paige
Bloom
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 12:28:03 PM »

Wow, great to hear from you again, Echnin!  Hope you stick around.

We've almost got the whole gang from Sun's board back together.  Echnin mentioned Antimony.  Who else is missing?
Janey

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 02:02:57 PM »

Hi Echnin!  Good to see you after so long.  Thank you for the congrats on the wedding -- and yes, married life is about 95% Bliss at the moment.  Smiley

As for who else is missing... I just got a PM on this board from Jack Benny, who I haven't seen post yet.   Huh  And Dundee is missing. 

Janey.
Master Archer.
Echnin
Retired

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 02:25:15 PM »

Nice web site BTW, did you take those pictures?
Yeah; it's become a bit of a hobby for me. As I mention in the "About" page, the site is for a school project; I'm writing about photography.
As for who else is missing... I just got a PM on this board from Jack Benny, who I haven't seen post yet.
Yeah, I told him about this board today. Who knows; maybe he'll crawl out and begin posting. Smiley
Big Ed
Retired

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 03:04:11 PM »

There are a few people who are missing who I certainly don't miss.  Dundee and Antimony are not in that group of course and since I'm trying to be a kinder, gentler Ed, I won't mention the other names.

Big Ed

"Stupid should hurt" - Woody Paige
Charles B Naumann
Retired

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 12:01:23 AM »

Good to hear from you Echin!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: