jakedog.org
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:35:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
62323 Posts in 5025 Topics by 30 Members
Latest Member: Laephis
* Home Help Login Register
+  jakedog.org
|-+  Newbie Board
| |-+  Intros
| | |-+  Sargoth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sargoth  (Read 8537 times)
Sargoth
« on: October 29, 2005, 11:07:20 AM »

Hi folks, good to be back. I met this crew back in UO/LS, a time and place that seems so friggin long ago.

Who am I? An old guy like Ed, though he has a year on me. In the Spring and Summer I play paleontologist in Utah, the rest of the year I pay for it all by managing the tickets and guest services department at a ski area here where I live. Fun life though I am going to die poor for certain.

Where did Sargoth come from? I was "confronted" in Everquest by a guy that claimed he invented the name and that I surely must have read the AD&D novella that he had written where he used the name. I knew that was not true then a while back I figured it out. One of my favorite fantasy books was Fiest's Magician and in that series was a Morhedral town called Sar-Sargoth. I remember now thinking what a great name that would make for a warrior/paladin and the name was born. Long before Everquest and UO.

Anyway, good to be back. I wanted to comment so many times on some of Ed's posts but the idea of starting a blog to do it turned me off completely.
Wolf
Retired

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 01:37:36 AM »

Scott?

Rob
Sargoth
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 09:33:18 AM »

<chuckle>

Scott too. At least that's who I play in real life.
Wolf
Retired

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 09:40:02 AM »

I thought so, long time no see bro, good to see you here.

Rob
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: